Frederick A. Fiedler (dates unknown)

Fred A. Fiedler served as Acting Architect to the Chicago Board of Education for the last two months of 1898, following the discharge of Normand S. Patton.  Fiedler had apparently been second in command to Patton since Patton’s election as Architect in December, 1896.  Fiedler’s signature appears on drawings for both the Gallistel and Ray schools found in the Architectural Drawing Collection of the Chicago History Museum. After leaving the employ of the Chicago Board of Education, Fiedler practiced for some time in Chicago, and maintained an office on Dearborn Street in the Loop.  Fiedler designed a number of industrial buildings, including a “new box factory” for Nelson Morris & Co. (Chicago Daily Tribune, October 28, 1900.)

Advertisements